Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impatience and how to log in pre-hotfix
29-08-2015, 08:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2015, 06:18 AM by Big_Bear91.)
Impatience and how to log in pre-hotfix
As we all impatiently wait for ftb to approve the 2.12.1 hotfix i started mucking about in the files to try and log on with the 2.12.0 client, I changed several things along the way but managed to get to the point i can log in. I need to have somone reproduce it but essentially i downloaded the files forwarded to ftb
link:      build.darkserver.co.uk/job/technofirma/
and swapped out the changed files, look at the changelog for details

and also altered the microblock config file
1) hit edit modpack on the launcher -> Open Folder -> go up 1-2 levels and search microblocks
2) open microblocks.cfg and add line
"tile.water"
no additional info, just on  clean line

I had made other changes along the way to attempt a fix but believe these are the main factors, i need someone else who is impatient to try as i am understandably unwilling to alter my fixed version and need to try and run and claim dex's prized mountains for the lols

-Bear

Important: seems there are server bugs that need fixing before we can go at it proper, i think i crashed the server by knaping an axe as odd as that sounds. i would like to know from dex if he has these issues too with his original files prior considering this a viable fix

Please note that while potentially useful, this is an older topic and may not reflect changes that occur past the original hotfix in question, use at own risk, check for fixes in other threads that may be more up to date (Bear -Sep. 4)
29-08-2015, 11:21 AM,
RE: Impatience and how to log in pre-hotfix
Hey Bear,

I tried your solution, as i am growing impatient too XD, but i ran in to some issues.

1. your description isnt clear as to where the microblocks.cfg should be, i changed microblocks.cfg in the config folders (guess that should be it, but maybe for other ppl it might be worth while mentioning where to find it).
2. in my first try i wrote tile.water without the "" (cant remember the name Smile but i think it should be with them.
3. The changelog mentiones TFC changed from 79.22.772 --> 79.22.784 i have the downloaded file, but i cant seem to be able to disable the .772 file to get the other one in.
4. i do indeed no longer get the missing tile.water msg, but now when i try to log in it gives a 'fatal error has occured' msg just when i get in (i guess thats because of the wrong TFC version).

Thanks a lot for all the work you put into this, but i will need some more help to get it fixed i think. (or some more patience XD)
29-08-2015, 07:36 PM,
I think i forgot about a step in which i renamed the tfc mod file name, my tfc mod name is [1.7.10]TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.22.784 I believe its normally downloaded without the [1.7.10] so the fatal error may be a result of the pack not referencing its resources properly from an unofficial fix. Let me know if this was it. btw, couldn't think of a good way to describe the location of the microblock file due to the varying levels of tech savyness, will edit later once others confirm, i did reinstall and pulled it off a second time so it is possible.
Atm i am rather inclined to wait for a release or dex's input, a few bugs such as the world having been generated weird (map was pre loaded, but the edges of the generated terrain do not merge with new generation, was fun scailling a mountain range and jumping off a 100 block straight cliff into deep ocean, but looks terrible for a map) I also believe enviromine needs additional configuration, my tfc water is high but my enviromine hydration is killing me. theres also the weird issue where interacting with gui's crashes the server (did it with knaping and then making a torch in a fire pit) which is damn weird b/c a mismanaged file on my part should crash me not a server.

after that the server looks to promise a real challenge, became afflicted with frostbite and felt like i was doomed to die 10min in, barely survived by making a fire pit but the far north spawn promises to cause alot of noob rage, particularly in winter. Server also felt to run respectably smooth for me and my laptop so the crashes people have talked about on various forums feel to be single player, probably due to the limited resources of home computers in my guess.

btw, your mountains are safe dex, too close to spawn for my tastes, and you are going to need alot of fireplaces in that climate to survive too
30-08-2015, 12:30 AM,
hey bear, i will confirm you changes in the morning, dont feel like changing files around atm (just got home from work and its 1.30 AM here now).

As for the bugs, maybe its an idea to post them on the FTB forum (dex seems to check that more often) or in the bugs thread on this forum.

As for how to find the CFG file:
Select 'open folder.' this will show you the mods folder in your minecraft directory. go up 1 folder to your instance root and select the /config folder.
There should be a file here calles 'microblocks.cfg.'
Add the line "tile.water" (with the parentisis (""))
31-08-2015, 10:53 AM,
hey bear, your fix did indeed work. I downloaded the new tfc .784, added the [1.7.10] label to it and i can get into the server now. Also having issues with knapping (servercrash) so yeah, i agree, i will wait to untill this is playable.
05-09-2015, 09:49 PM,
2.12.3 version is inbound and the remaining wait time should mostly be us waiting on ftb's approval. I know you minecraft junkies are waiting only because you have no choice so here's the link to the manual download http://build.darkserver.co.uk/job/TechnoFirma/ , you will want TechnoFirma-Client-1.7.10-latest.zip, it is build 50 at the time of this post. To install i recommend just these instructions to ensure the best results:
1)download most recent build from ftb and let it auto install (2.12.2)
2)download the zip file from above, there are alot of changes so your not getting out of a long download (i recomend backing up the pack (2.12.2) in a separate location before making alterations, so you dont need to re download from ftb)
3)delete the contents of the scripts file, config file and mods file in the ftb technofirma folder, and replace with the contents of the scripts, config and mods folder (2.12.3) just downloaded manually to their respective folder (do not just download and replace the entire technofirma folder with the new one as i have not tested it, i'm inclined to assume ftb adds some files or alterations to make it work on their launcher)
4)enjoy, all major bugs have been addressed, or there is a way around them with the new immersive engineering included tech tree

I do not guarantee that this will work 100%, but it did for me while i helped dex test the server, i am able to play it as if it was a proper release, let me know if there needs to be some work done on my explanation

-Bear
06-09-2015, 01:23 AM,
Works for me. Its easy, fast and completely playable.