Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Market in server - Suggestions
10-09-2015, 06:46 PM,
Market in server - Suggestions
I would propose that topic to open a way to trade on the server.

It would be interesting to have an area close to the spawn which would be built a market where everyone could put their items to sell or trade.

NOTE: The modpack longer provides a addon Merchants which can be used for this

The construction could be done by the players in cooperative.

Suggestions are welcome.
11-09-2015, 01:50 PM,
RE: Market in server - Suggestions
As i said on the server, seems like a great idea, i am just afraid that without any kind of anti-steal or grief it would be kind of hard to maintain safe for everyone...
11-09-2015, 02:24 PM,
(11-09-2015, 01:50 PM)dutchcook Wrote: As i said on the server, seems like a great idea, i am just afraid that without any kind of anti-steal or grief it would be kind of hard to maintain safe for everyone...

Theft can be done anywhere, nothing prevents someone come to your home (easy to know where everyone lives by Dynmap) and steal everything. Knowing it will be server Banned since it can easily be discovered by LOG.

The rules are clear, Do not steal, Do not pvp, Do not griefing

I would like the ADMIN looked at this suggestion.
15-12-2015, 10:17 AM,
The pack does have Merchants though, and it seems to work; you said 'longer' which I read to think you meant 'no longer' --- but it does?

Market effectiveness will depend on location, etc. Getting a small apartment in spawnberg would be a centralized approach-- but I think a lot of us would prefer more localized markets as well. Grant you, haggling works just fine over server-chat if people are online. The point of merchants and centralized commerce would be trading with offline people in a sane fashion. Long distance isn't completely awful by ship, but can still be a pain-- especially when navigating waters with hungry nodes. (Yes this is a thing. Say hello to Charybdis.) I suspect overland transport could be done with railcraft, but it'd need a driver or some form of chunkload system, which seems like a (to pardon the phrase) trainwreck when mixed with tfc time mechanics.