Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technofirma Rebalance
02-11-2015, 04:50 PM,
RE: Technofirma Rebalance
I love this modpack because Terrafirma is the backdrop to whatever other MOD i choose to play with.

It takes so long to do the TFC version of any one thing that i think the cross-pollination of advanced steps in separate mods needs to be limited. i dont think many people have time or energy to slog through Immersive Engineering + Electrical Age + Thaumcraft together...you kinda have to pick your battles

For instance, Refined Iron is common item in Thaumcraft recipes, but i have to rely on the fact that others in my group made the Macerator and all the crap that goes along with getting that to work.

If i was playing by myself i would never get anywhere in thaumcraft. It is prohibitively difficult.

We are already starting out in the stone age....TFC is hard enough--don't make me have to figure out batteries and copper wire and whatever else goes into a Macerator before i can even do low-level wizardry!!

My point is, i think that each MOD should rely on TFC roots, rather than have recipes that include OTHER mods from the pack. Make us get past the iron age and into steel before we can do advanced things in these mods, but don't make me figure out how to make a Defense Turret in whatever MOD that is before i can even shock a zombie with my wand.

I think for instance that either Refined Iron needs to be toned down to Wrought Iron, or converted to Steel, in the thaumcraft recipies. not sure what to do for refined gold but same complaint.

it takes too much work to get to the required advanced level in all the mods together, it should just be "choose your own adventure within TFC, here are your options!" rather than "you HAVE TO DO ALL OF THEM OR YOU CAN DO NONE RIGHT!"

Messages In This Thread
Technofirma Rebalance - by dexman545 - 19-10-2015, 04:13 AM
RE: Technofirma Rebalance - by mrmorse - 19-10-2015, 04:28 AM
RE: Technofirma Rebalance - by dexman545 - 19-10-2015, 04:42 AM
RE: Technofirma Rebalance - by podank - 02-11-2015, 04:50 PM
RE: Technofirma Rebalance - by podank - 02-11-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: Technofirma Rebalance - by dexman545 - 03-11-2015, 12:18 AM
RE: Technofirma Rebalance - by Simmareth - 05-11-2015, 12:16 AM
RE: Technofirma Rebalance - by lashtear - 10-12-2015, 08:56 PM