Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map Resets and progress
03-11-2015, 12:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-11-2015, 12:23 AM by dexman545.)
RE: Map Resets and progress
One of the main reasons the map is being reset is that when I switched the pack over to Blockphysics, a bunch of older chunks became unusable (player enters them and can't do anything, I have to move them out manually). Because of this, I have two options: a) reset the map, or b) manually find and delete each chunk that has this issue (far to many chunks are affected to do this). Generally, I will keep the map up for 3+ months, unless any unforeseen issues arise as a result of pack updates. Keep in mind, I also play on the server, and am equally as invested in each map. There is also the possibility of Realistic Terrain Generation gaining TFC support, and if that happens, it will be nice to have a map using its world generation (though a reset is not dependent on this, it is simply something nice to have). In previous versions, I would let players keep there inventories if they chose to, but with changes to Forge in 1.7, that is no longer easily doable, and very impracticable (I have to modify the level.dat to correctly account for all numerical ids). I would offer to carry bases over, but again, I would have to do so manually, and with the amount of people, it would take far to much time to do so (I would literally have to save the base as a schematic, download it, load it into a special world, then resave it as a schematic, then upload it back onto the server). This particular reset is not happening very soon. I have recipes to finish (30+ left or so), balancing, world gen, mod updates, and waiting for FTB to update. The earliest the map could possibly reset is end of this week (a time I find highly unlikely), latest is next month (also kind of unlikely). I'm sorry I have to reset it, but from the standpoint of basically the sole active admin of the Technofirma server, and the pack dev, resetting the map is the best solution at this time.

Messages In This Thread
Map Resets and progress - by mrmorse - 02-11-2015, 06:48 PM
RE: Map Resets and progress - by podank - 02-11-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: Map Resets and progress - by dexman545 - 03-11-2015, 12:05 AM
RE: Map Resets and progress - by podank - 04-11-2015, 08:55 PM
RE: Map Resets and progress - by dexman545 - 04-11-2015, 10:30 PM
RE: Map Resets and progress - by mrmorse - 04-11-2015, 11:01 PM