Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map Resets and progress
04-11-2015, 10:30 PM,
RE: Map Resets and progress
(04-11-2015, 08:55 PM)podank Wrote: Hey Dex,

totally understand.  

I can't face restarting (even with a nice anvil) again right now, and there is no point to making progress with a map reset coming within the month at this point so this is going to end it for me until the modpack development is done. i think i'll be back once it's done but it's not worth trying to advance when new entire mods are still being added that require map wipes every 4 months...

which of course means i am playing an in-development mod for the wrong reasons so i am not trying to complain here. Smile  just explaining my new absence.

Just gonna have to take a breather and come back when map resets are done for the forseeable future.  For what its worth, i think the mod as it is right now could easily be considered DONE as far as features go and only needs work on finishing killing all the bugs and doing your rebalance effort....its really great as is.  lovely modpack... don't think it needs more mods added Smile  though i may have to try this masochistic magic mod next time.

thanks
Mike/dank

Going to repost this here:

Quote:This pack has it's origins in another pack I made, Dextek, which was a private server pack for DarkserverUK. Dextek was a mod pack in which I added whatever I wanted, and changed other things whenever. At one point, I added Terrafirmacraft. After some time, I managed to get Gregtech to at least partially work with TFC. It was at a later date that I found a thread on the FTB forums discussing the possibility of a TFC modpack coming to the launcher. It was a subject of much debate on that thread if it were possible to add TFC into a modpack with other tech mods or not. To put it simply I said it was, and others disagreed. After some time had passed, I compiled a modpack called Technofirma (very original, I know), and released it on the FTB launcher. As far as I know, this was the first modpack of it's kind, and that really annoyed me at the time. To put it shortly, this modpack began as nothing more than a proof of concept, and with the idea that other modpacks utilizing Terrafirmacraft would come about, or community interest would be strong enough that I simply could leave pack development to the community, and the project would be over. To the extent of those goals, this pack has been completed, and has been for awhile now (I can name at least one pack that comes from Technofirma, and there's a modpacks sub-forum on the TFC forums, need I say more?). However, I met new people, and saw a real interest (and a surprising enjoyment in the pack I had put together), and as such I continued to develop it (a player of this pack has actually written a mod for this pack). I still plan on developing this pack, but there will still be some experimentation going on, as it is with Thaumcraft, and soon to be some other mods.

Also, to clarify, the map was going to be reset back when the errored chunks started to appear. I simply pushed it back to an update that changed world gen, so that the map would not have to be reset twice.

Messages In This Thread
Map Resets and progress - by mrmorse - 02-11-2015, 06:48 PM
RE: Map Resets and progress - by podank - 02-11-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: Map Resets and progress - by dexman545 - 03-11-2015, 12:05 AM
RE: Map Resets and progress - by podank - 04-11-2015, 08:55 PM
RE: Map Resets and progress - by dexman545 - 04-11-2015, 10:30 PM
RE: Map Resets and progress - by mrmorse - 04-11-2015, 11:01 PM