Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
revive technofirma?
23-04-2017, 05:04 AM,
revive technofirma?
all the previous threads and server listings are from 2015 and no one really knows or plays technofirmacraft anymore, used to be 8-10 people daily a long time ago playing, it was great, now it is empty and sad Sad 1-2 people play but not daily so it's basically single player, everyone has grown out of technofirmacraft

i wish there was a way to bring the players back

sad times
18-06-2017, 11:47 AM,
RE: revive technofirma?
(23-04-2017, 05:04 AM)monkeycars Wrote: all the previous threads and server listings are from 2015 and no one really knows or plays technofirmacraft anymore,  used to be 8-10 people daily a long time ago playing, it was great, now it is empty and sad Sad 1-2 people play but not daily so it's basically single player, everyone has grown out of technofirmacraft  

i wish there was a way to bring the players back

sad times

I think that's just the general state of Minecraft now. The popularity has been waning for years.
05-08-2017, 02:55 AM,
Even though Technofirma's popularity has been waning, I still wanna help rebuild the modpack from scratch, and even introduce new mods into the pack. Also, because Technofirma 2.x is already a very old modpack, many people will not even come across viewing this mod pack at all, let alone have the will to start playing it.
10-08-2017, 11:41 PM,
I have been trying to think of an Idea of what I want in the new modpack
I have started by copying the current modlist for the modpack, then I edited the modlist

A link to the google doc is here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aOaJ...8OIrw/edit
27-12-2017, 04:05 AM,
Tehcnofirma is being revived. Not released on FTB yet, but the server is functioning as of this time. Here is the info:

The server for Technofirma 3.0.0 is up and running! Still waiting on a few permissions before I can send it to FTB, but you can install the pack manually from the repo.
Things are still WIP, and feedback is appreaciated, paricularly:
-The first night, some trouble with temperature and freezing to death
-The new health system (would you prefer natural regen to be on)
-The thirst and hunger system
-The ore gen
-The guidebook (they are a HUGE pain to make, and the current one is incomplete)
-The terrain (things too far apart or close together?)
Some other notes are:
-Forging must be done a single ingot at a time. Should things like IE have their costs drawn back?
-Need some reason for the player to get into IE and advance further.
-The desired tech tree is Primal (in guidebook, mostly) > Forgecraft (iron age, no bronze) > BWM > IE

IP: mc.darkserver.co.uk:25567
Repo: https://github.com/dexman545/Technofirma-3/tree/Client
Minecraft 1.12.2
Forge version 14.23.1.2570
21-01-2018, 03:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 21-01-2018, 03:31 AM by monkeycars.)
(27-12-2017, 04:05 AM)dexman545 Wrote: Tehcnofirma is being revived. Not released on FTB yet, but the server is functioning as of this time. Here is the info:

The server for Technofirma 3.0.0 is up and running! Still waiting on a few permissions before I can send it to FTB, but you can install the pack manually from the repo.
   -The ore gen
   -The guidebook (they are a HUGE pain to make, and the current one is incomplete)
Some other notes are:
   -Forging must be done a single ingot at a time. Should things like IE have their costs drawn back?
   -The desired tech tree is Primal (in guidebook, mostly) > Forgecraft (iron age, no bronze) >     BWM > IE

Minecraft 1.12.2

the temperature thing was actually really cool to have, i think it should vary on biome though,  colder places you need fire at night.  warmer places are still very cool at night but during the day you will need shade to avoid overheating. maybe a leather cowboy hat to shade your head?  or robes to keep out of the heat like most desert travelers.  cotton to stay warm.   i also think it happens too rapidly.  maybe slow it down alot?   most people don't freeze to death at night in 3 minutes on a summer woodland area.  

the health system is cool. but skeletons are currently overpowered as they aim for the head and automatically do 2 hearts of damage.  maybe an easier way to obtain a helmet? or make skeletons aim center mass?.  eating food to regen makes sense.  you need calories to heal yourself.  maybe natural regen on but VERY slowly. so you'd starve by the time anything healed anyway.

thirst and hunger.   water goes by a bit too quickly.  you die of thirst before you can even get glass to make a bottle to drink water.
regular people don't starve to death in 3 hours after eating a whole meal.   and most people don't die of thirst 5 minutes after drinking a gallon of water.

Obtaining drinking water is also an issue. it used to be you make clay and get a jug.  drink that water. easy.     so far all the water is dirty water and you can't drink from a single water source without becoming thirsty and dying.    and once you do get a bottle.   the water is still dirty water and you'd die of thirst. i have no idea how to purify the dirty water bottle. let alone do it before i die.      i liked the regular drink from a fresh water source and you are good.  the sources with reeds in it.    now it's all dirty water even when the prior fresh water marks say it should be good to drink from.

i kind of liked being able to difficulty advance into magic with the technofirma 2.  thaumcraft was really cool to have after slowly knapping a axe to cut wood.   the desire to progress into tech mods is not there as the basics of farming for food. and building shelter and armour is too demading.    it's needs more incentive.     magic was a good way, as it was a change from the mundane   farm cut wood drink water mine repeat.  

crafting guidance is lacking and until your guide is more complete i'm at a loss at how to progress,  but that's all the review i've got so far.  i went creative and spawned in some things to play around but i think the first things to be adressed should be the basic intro to the game and mechanics.  the mods can follow after.

keep the work up! Big Grin it's got so much potential and i'de love to have a time where i can venture from my cool climate where night and day have no temperature problems.   take food and go to the artic make a hut with fire.  stay warm in it.  bundle up with clothes.      adventure is out there,  can't wait till you make it possible Smile
25-01-2018, 01:53 AM,
(21-01-2018, 03:24 AM)monkeycars Wrote:
(27-12-2017, 04:05 AM)dexman545 Wrote: Tehcnofirma is being revived. Not released on FTB yet, but the server is functioning as of this time. Here is the info:

-The ore gen
Some other notes are:
   -The desired tech tree is Primal (in guidebook, mostly) > Forgecraft (iron age, no bronze) >     BWM > IE

Minecraft 1.12.2

the temperature thing was actually really cool to have, i think it should vary on biome though,  colder places you need fire at night.  warmer places are still very cool at night but during the day you will need shade to avoid overheating. maybe a leather cowboy hat to shade your head?  or robes to keep out of the heat like most desert travelers.  cotton to stay warm.   i also think it happens too rapidly.  maybe slow it down alot?   most people don't freeze to death at night in 3 minutes on a summer woodland area.  

the health system is cool. but skeletons are currently overpowered as they aim for the head and automatically do 2 hearts of damage.  maybe an easier way to obtain a helmet? or make skeletons aim center mass?.  eating food to regen makes sense.  you need calories to heal yourself.  maybe natural regen on but VERY slowly. so you'd starve by the time anything healed anyway.

thirst and hunger.   water goes by a bit too quickly.  you die of thirst before you can even get glass to make a bottle to drink water.
regular people don't starve to death in 3 hours after eating a whole meal.   and most people don't die of thirst 5 minutes after drinking a gallon of water.

Obtaining drinking water is also an issue. it used to be you make clay and get a jug.  drink that water. easy.     so far all the water is dirty water and you can't drink from a single water source without becoming thirsty and dying.    and once you do get a bottle.   the water is still dirty water and you'd die of thirst. i have no idea how to purify the dirty water bottle. let alone do it before i die.      i liked the regular drink from a fresh water source and you are good.  the sources with reeds in it.    now it's all dirty water even when the prior fresh water marks say it should be good to drink from.

i kind of liked being able to difficulty advance into magic with the technofirma 2.  thaumcraft was really cool to have after slowly knapping a axe to cut wood.   the desire to progress into tech mods is not there as the basics of farming for food. and building shelter and armour is too demading.    it's needs more incentive.     magic was a good way, as it was a change from the mundane   farm cut wood drink water mine repeat.  

crafting guidance is lacking and until your guide is more complete i'm at a loss at how to progress,  but that's all the review i've got so far.  i went creative and spawned in some things to play around but i think the first things to be adressed should be the basic intro to the game and mechanics.  the mods can follow after.

keep the work up! Big Grin it's got so much potential and i'de love to have a time where i can venture from my cool climate where night and day have no temperature problems.   take food and go to the artic make a hut with fire.  stay warm in it.  bundle up with clothes.      adventure is out there,  can't wait till you make it possible Smile

I also really like the temperature, it varied with biome, time, and altitude, but I disabled it mainly because it makes mining a huge pain (you are underground and start freezing to death). Armour does keep you warm, and there are wool clothes and such, but as it stands, I will leave temperature disabled until these problems can be fixed. I've now set natural regen to be on, but slow. 

Not much I can do about skeletons, but I have made it so that hostiles will only spawn at night, even if the area is dark, this should make forests safer. The only other thing I could do would be to disable skeleton spawns entirely. 

Thirst I've made it so that you can now drink directly from a water source without a bottle. Hunger has also been tweaked, though these changes have yet to be pushed. 

I've seen some good magic mods recently, I'll see what I can do.

I know the guide is incomplete, quite frankly I'm having trouble writing it as there is a lot I need to write down, and the interface for doing so is horrible.

I'll be able to push to FTB (and maybe Curse) soon, but I'm still waiting for permission for a few mods.
28-07-2018, 12:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 28-07-2018, 12:56 AM by monkeycars.)
"Thirst I've made it so that you can now drink directly from a water source without a bottle. Hunger has also been tweaked, though these changes have yet to be pushed."

The updates are great, i think this has alot more potential when finalized.  the drinking without a bottle is broken currently.  the slurp mod adds a dehydration from all water sources. the second you drink water with your hands. you're dead.    there's a option to turn that off the "dirty water penalty" that would fix it.    like old Technofirmacraft where fresh water was drinkable.

i'm not sure if you're still working on this, but any ideas for temperature issues. instead of freezing to death underground. realistically it get's hotter the deeper you go.  

if it's based off of altitude then sky block limit would all be freezing and bedrock would basically boil you alive.  not sure if that's tweak able but warmer temperatures would be more survivable than freezing. and may be a simpler solution to the issue, and maybe help get it implemented back in

it's looking great and i hope the dream is not dead, i do always want to play the mod but in it's current state with water and some recipes having no guidance or tweaked items.   it's rather unplayable.