Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Errors, Broken things, and Glitches
02-09-2015, 07:35 AM,
RE: Errors, Broken things, and Glitches
I suppose I'll add to the bug list because i've logged on and started playing the multiplayer server, just to scout out a base location and gather seeds and such. At the moment these are the bugs that will need resolving as i see them
1) terrain gen, the map has severe sharp edges like the others say, i can attest to this as i've walked 2-3km south of spawn along the edges, i'm not sure if this is just because parts of the map were pre-generated and the server didn't want to generate  new according to what i'm guessing was a single player map initially. would recommend a new map or relocating spawn so the awkward terrain doesn't turn off new players.
2) Enviromine hydration is separate from tfc thirst and will not refill from drinking early game from water blocks, i do not know if this persists to late game containers but 2 hydration bars seems redundant, if you want us to die from thirst like enviromine does i would think disabling enviromine's and adding the effects to a config file or similar that works with tfc thirst to be better (I believe features of enviromine are disabled in single player. would like to say that i love the added features so personally i want these enviromine effects stay, the temperature effects such as hypothermia are a wonderful addition to multiplayer and they do seem to be configured properly for tfc's temp system, but you need to add heat sources like fire pits when you stand near them, would be interesting to risk heat stroke to working the forge too)
3)GUI Crashes  i've encountered severe issues with interacting with tfc gui's on the server, i can apparently crash the server at will by knapping tools or adding fuel to a fire, this does not occur accessing the gui but when an action causes an item to be used or crafted
4) tile.water bug, i've been fixing this very easy client side (see my impatience topic), only takes the addition of one line in the microblocks.cfg file where you add the line
"tile.water"
to a free line (parenthesis included). coincidentally, this is all you need to do to gain access to the server at the moment with the 2.12.1.1 version
5) journeymap map resets frequently, maybe on crash or not saving after a session but occurs in multiplayer just like in single player

atm that is all that i can discern as issues, the random crashes people speak of are not apparent in the server, just the gui bug ones though one player can only strain the server so much so it may just take more people to surface.

-Bear

Messages In This Thread
RE: Errors, Broken things, and Glitches - by Big_Bear91 - 02-09-2015, 07:35 AM