Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Errors, Broken things, and Glitches
02-09-2015, 07:35 AM,
RE: Errors, Broken things, and Glitches
I suppose I'll add to the bug list because i've logged on and started playing the multiplayer server, just to scout out a base location and gather seeds and such. At the moment these are the bugs that will need resolving as i see them
1) terrain gen, the map has severe sharp edges like the others say, i can attest to this as i've walked 2-3km south of spawn along the edges, i'm not sure if this is just because parts of the map were pre-generated and the server didn't want to generate  new according to what i'm guessing was a single player map initially. would recommend a new map or relocating spawn so the awkward terrain doesn't turn off new players.
2) Enviromine hydration is separate from tfc thirst and will not refill from drinking early game from water blocks, i do not know if this persists to late game containers but 2 hydration bars seems redundant, if you want us to die from thirst like enviromine does i would think disabling enviromine's and adding the effects to a config file or similar that works with tfc thirst to be better (I believe features of enviromine are disabled in single player. would like to say that i love the added features so personally i want these enviromine effects stay, the temperature effects such as hypothermia are a wonderful addition to multiplayer and they do seem to be configured properly for tfc's temp system, but you need to add heat sources like fire pits when you stand near them, would be interesting to risk heat stroke to working the forge too)
3)GUI Crashes  i've encountered severe issues with interacting with tfc gui's on the server, i can apparently crash the server at will by knapping tools or adding fuel to a fire, this does not occur accessing the gui but when an action causes an item to be used or crafted
4) tile.water bug, i've been fixing this very easy client side (see my impatience topic), only takes the addition of one line in the microblocks.cfg file where you add the line
"tile.water"
to a free line (parenthesis included). coincidentally, this is all you need to do to gain access to the server at the moment with the 2.12.1.1 version
5) journeymap map resets frequently, maybe on crash or not saving after a session but occurs in multiplayer just like in single player

atm that is all that i can discern as issues, the random crashes people speak of are not apparent in the server, just the gui bug ones though one player can only strain the server so much so it may just take more people to surface.

-Bear
02-09-2015, 11:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015, 06:03 PM by Dask_BR.)
Dear Dex, Please read this information can help troubleshoot the server

Yesterday got access to the server, including the time the dex was trying to discover the Bugs.
I realized that by using knapping tools occurred server error.
Another problem is the temperature bars, Headquarters, Saniedade and oxygen that are appearing on the server, according Dex should only appear oxygen bar.

So I decided to do a spot test, downloaded direct server FTB launcher, loaded locally and the problem of 4 enviromine bars no longer occurred, only it appeared oxygen bar.

In the case of error BUG on the server when using the GUI tools knapping I managed to solve by changing the version of the mod Terrafirmacraft TFC 0.79.22.784 to current version 0.79.22.761

An attempt to repair the server would pick up TechnofirmaServer.zip files used in the FTB Launch replace the version of TFC to 0.79.22.761 and start a new world

Note:
See what the administrator of the wiki and forum TFC "Kittychanley" commented on the mod version of the FTB forum.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/...02/page-31

Sorry for any error in the text, because I used Google Translator
03-09-2015, 11:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2015, 02:24 AM by dieheart.)
Ahh the first error of a new version... A item from weather 2 mod does not render correctly in the inventory and crashes the client. Do not have the same problem in NEI that I can see...

Hmm and NEI and creative still don't get along for very long. Crashed several times while using creative to test stuff. ( But what can you do? That is NEI in 1.7.10 It is how it works sadly. ) But even without NEI still get the error with some item from Weather 2 Mod.
04-09-2015, 03:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2015, 03:45 AM by podank.)
ok now that the new map is up:

i went insane rather instantly and have hypothermia for no reason which is impossible to fix it appears even though it's summer. server seems to be crashing and restarting regularly but that could just be dex fixing things.  tile.water is still an issue, used workaround in microblock.cfg file.

seems that we dont keep items upon death either.

and someone is saying earthquakes are rapidly deteriorating spawn.

ok thanks!
04-09-2015, 03:52 AM,
To add an observation to the enviromine problem, I see under the enviromine options, under news, version, 'error parsing version file,' at regular intervals.
debuffs remain after death (i was frozen in place at spawn and hallucinating, when i logged out )
04-09-2015, 05:29 AM,
Crafting tables are still missing recipe as well, i enjoy the temperature though. if heat sources other than lava where added i would love for it to stay, the sanity bar has no flowers or fun to be fixed or used and the 2nd evoirmine water bar is un fillable, as yes as podank stated. the map is slowly being eaten by earthquakes. terrifirma is know for terrible map eating earthquake destruction. Also, the quest book requires the tools to made out of a certain unlisted stone instead of simply creating a stone tool head. so any progress with that is stunted till the proper maybe very very hard stone to find is found.
04-09-2015, 08:25 AM,
Quick post before bed- found an old nei bug, ELN to other recipe missing and i don't have time atm to try and fix it unofficially but we might just have an inter mod referencing problem as were switching versions fast and replacing tfc versions. can confirm it was fixed on an earlier 2.12 version, cant remember which one. we could have other recipes that were fixed missing too if the custom recipes are not loading proper so worth looking into now before we get tech/invested in a map?
-Bear
04-09-2015, 08:31 AM,
Clean out you config files Dex. I cleared out everything that wasn't needed in mine and had some of the red errors I had on on startup log vanish. If your server configs are this much of a mess cleaning them out should help some.

Even if you think they don't matter, they do. They can do odd stuff a lot of the time. Mostly change the load order of your mods. But you never know what else they will do. Plus might be easier to fix the configs you need to fix with them gone.

Need to at least fix Enviromine, the crafting table being uncraftable, and maybe switch keep inventory back to true...
Ahh yes and make quests to convert the other stone axe/shovel/knife/javilin heads into the ones for the questline. Since it is a different item and not just a damage value change like the rocks are. Then it doesn't matter what kind of stone they find.

And monkeycars, sanity goes down around darkness and monsters and up around light and flowers. Many T.F.C. flowers count just fine, and even if they didn't it should go back to full in the noon day sun anyways so sanity is fine too. Water is a pain as only Minecraft ( not T.F.C. ) water bottles/water count for filling it ;/
04-09-2015, 11:58 AM,
Two water bars seems a bit too much anyway. Drinking twp types of water is too much. Personally sanity doesnt add too much as we have the air quality part to prevent long and deep mining and mobspawn in darkness to make it unsafe.

In general i agree with dieheart scripts/configs need cleaning up (the workbench bug is a script error. Also there is something weird with boats, it wont accept acacia in the recipes).

If there's something we can do to help let us know. I and others are more then willing to.

Thanks anyway for all the hard work you are putting in!
04-09-2015, 03:40 PM,
(04-09-2015, 11:58 AM)dutchcook Wrote: Two water bars seems a bit too much anyway. Drinking twp types of water is too much. Personally sanity doesnt add too much as we have the air quality part to prevent long and deep mining and mobspawn in darkness to make it unsafe.

i wasn't getting the impression that Dex intended to really add all these new features anyway--i think they just incidentally turned on when he compiled the new version and he has some clean up to deal with to get it back in shape.