Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Errors, Broken things, and Glitches
04-09-2015, 11:23 PM,
RE: Errors, Broken things, and Glitches
You may be right there, as the ssp doesnt do the same.
We'll just wait and see what happens.
05-09-2015, 04:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2015, 04:27 PM by dexman545.)
I am working on fixing these issues. If you would like to help, you can help combine scripts into a more logical order, and fix bugs/config issues. I believe I have removed all unnecessary configs, and am working on fixing Enviromine (client seems to be fine, server, no idea why it won't work). I have also fixed the crafting table issue and the boat crafting issue. I have no idea why NEI won't show recipes, nor do I know why the mod scroll list won't actually work. I am also on TS if you wish to talk.
06-09-2015, 12:59 AM,
hey dex, i can work on ordering the scripting for you, but at this very moment i am kind of short on free time. So if anyone thinks they can do it fast, that would be great, i am willing and able to do it if not. Just give me the word and i will start working on it.

As for bugs and NEI i can look into it, will let you know if i find anything, thanks again for the great pack dex!
06-09-2015, 04:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-09-2015, 08:25 PM by podank.)
For 2.12.3, the only thing i see wrong so far is that flax is the only thing growing---no other vegetables.  Oxylus (sp) reports the same.  this is in MP, havent checked SP.

edit: odd, found garlic seeds sitting loose after a long walk (no sign of actual plants)... maybe someone had it from 2.12.2 and dropped it and it didnt despawn yet? not likely but still not finding anything growing.  i'm dumb and now read the TFC updated wiki.
06-09-2015, 08:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-09-2015, 12:39 AM by Elexorien.)
(06-09-2015, 12:59 AM)dutchcook Wrote: hey dex, i can work on ordering the scripting for you, but at this very moment i am kind of short on free time. So if anyone thinks they can do it fast, that would be great, i am willing and able to do it if not. Just give me the word and i will start working on it.

As for bugs and NEI i can look into it, will let you know if i find anything, thanks again for the great pack dex!

I was planning on offering my time to organize the MineTweaker scripts.  I can test SSP easily, but testing on a server is out of my capabilities (at least until after Wednesday... possibly).

I'll go ahead and start on it just the same.  If some one beats me to it, no problem :)

EDIT:  Pretty much done.  Just need to sort out the Electrical Age stuff to make it more organized, and consolidate the Ore Dictionary.  I do have a question for Dex:  I read your reply on the FTB forum post that only Air shards will work for making a Thaumometer...  is this intended as the only way to make it, or can I change it to accept all shards?
07-09-2015, 04:29 PM,
(06-09-2015, 04:32 PM)podank Wrote: For 2.12.3, the only thing i see wrong so far is that flax is the only thing growing---no other vegetables.  Oxylus (sp) reports the same.  this is in MP, havent checked SP.

edit: odd, found garlic seeds sitting loose after a long walk (no sign of actual plants)... maybe someone had it from 2.12.2 and dropped it and it didnt despawn yet? not likely but still not finding anything growing.

double ninja edit:  also no nodes.

What year and season is the server currently on?  If it's spring of year 1001 you will have to wait until late spring/early summer before plants respawn.  If its still year 1000 and not winter, there is probably an issue...
08-09-2015, 03:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2015, 07:10 PM by podank.)
this may be a new feature rather than an error but sleeping doesn't seem to be advancing the day.  it isn't popping up the "podank is sleeping (1/x)"

update: it worked only when i was alone on the server...and it didn't put any server messaging about it, it just became day.

sorry i am not more helpful from a debugging perspective--maybe i should stick to the other forum with the noobs!
10-09-2015, 02:05 PM,
it seems like the plugin for this has been removed.
11-09-2015, 04:16 PM,
(08-09-2015, 03:41 PM)podank Wrote: this may be a new feature rather than an error but sleeping doesn't seem to be advancing the day.  it isn't popping up the "podank is sleeping (1/x)"

update: it worked only when i was alone on the server...and it didn't put any server messaging about it, it just became day.

sorry i am not more helpful from a debugging perspective--maybe i should stick to the other forum with the noobs!

It's ok Podank, we know what you mean.
I checked the mod list on git and could not find Morpheus on any of the versions of the mod pack.  Unless there is another mod that adds that same functionality I have to assume it was a separate addition to the DarkServer specifically (not native to the pack).  Either Dex didn't think it was necessary, or it was removed by accident.

Any observation is important.  If you see something weird, don't be afraid to mention it.
18-09-2015, 07:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 18-09-2015, 07:49 PM by mrmorse.)
Last night I was playing and my client crashed. Upon rejoining it kept crashing over and over immediately after loading in. I was in a random area in the wilderness while walking back from spawn due to a missing/obstructed bed (perhaps another broken thing? my bed was/is fine).
I'm kind of locked out of the server due to this. I'll post my crash log below, in the hopes that it points to a general bug and not just an issue client-side.
I was hoping that a tp away from my current location might temporarily fix it for me.

crash log

(I cut the mod versions, but i'm running the current recommended build)